Metal ROOFING in Florida
We Are Your Local Commercial Roofing Experts.
The Best Metal Roofing in Florida
Whether you need a roof replacement or you’re thinking of upgrading, there are a lot of materials to choose from. Metal roofing in Florida has a lot of potential benefits for your roof, like:
- Durability. Metal roofs are highly resistance to harsh weather conditions, including 140 mile-per-hour winds. Metal materials are also resistant to corrosion and cracking, with some even being impact-resistant. This can protect your home from things like falling debris or hail. They don’t need as much maintenance as other materials, which can save you money. However, we still recommend routine inspections.
- Better for the environment. Metal roofing in Florida is usually made from 25-95% recycled material. Some materials amount to billions of pounds of waste every year. When your metal roof needs replaced, though, your metal roof is completely recyclable to help the ecosystem.
- Efficiency. Because metal reflects sunlight, it can help keep heat out of your home. This can reduce your air conditioning costs by as much as 25%.
- Safety. You can relax during a thunderstorm or outdoor fire, because metal roofing doesn’t ignite and won’t spark.
Long-lasting. Asphalt shingles typically last around 12 years or more with proper roof repair. Metal materials are capable of lasting 4-7 decades, which makes them a great investment.
We Know Metal Roofing in Florida
Don’t Worry About Rot, Fire, or Bugs with Metal Roofing
There are a lot of reasons to consider metal roofing for your home. One of the biggest reasons customers want metal is because it’s basically immune to fire. Since wildfires are becoming more common, it’s an important aspect for your roof. Here are other things to consider:
- You’ll never have to worry about mildew or your metal rotting
- Bugs, like termites, don’t eat through metal roofing
- Between the texture and metal being a conductor of heat, snow isn’t much a problem
You Could Lower Your Energy Bills with Metal Roofing in Florida
Another great reason that you might want metal roofing is because it can lower your electric bills. Because metal reflects solar rays, your cooling expenses could go down by 10 or even 25 percent. Since a lot of customers spend more on air conditioning every year, you could save with metal roofing. We also offer roof coatings to further increase the reflective abilities of metal. These coatings can be granular or shiny, so you’ve got options.
Metal for Your Low-Slope Roof
While it’s true that metal roofing works great on roofs with steep inclines, standing-seam metal offers protection and benefits for roofs with a low slope, too. Standing-seam is composed of big sheets of metal with raised seams that come together. Because they seal, they keep out water better than some materials. A slope is required for runoff, but standing-seam metal can work on most residential homes.
Hail Can be Dangerous for Metal Roofing
Metal roofing offers a lot of benefits for your home, including durability and longevity. You also won’t have to worry about as much maintenance as you would with other materials, like the common asphalt shingles. However, metal is susceptible to the impact damages of extreme hail. Softer metals especially, like copper and aluminum, can be dented by a hailstorm.
Steel is one of the harder metals, and it tends to hold up better against hail. You won’t have to worry much about smaller-sized hail, but once the pieces start approaching the size of a golf ball or larger, it can be a problem. In fact, this type of hail can destroy a soft metal roof. Of course, if you’re comparing your roof replacement options, hail is just as dangerous for asphalt shingles.
That’s why it’s so important to have homeowner’s insurance, because you could only have to pay the deductible to get your roof fixed. If that’s the case, you have every reason to get metal roofing. Considering the fact that hail isn’t much of a problem in Florida, you just need a professional to install your metal roof. Call Wilson Roofing and Renovations today and let us take care of your metal roof replacement!
Don’t just take our word for it. We have hundreds of happy customers.